THE MYSTERY OF
And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH. 6And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.” Revelation 17:5-6
Much of the confusion about Babylon exists because there is not merely one or two, but three Babylons to contend with in scripture. A mystery is something that was always there, but was hidden from view. As we progress toward the final moments of the Church Age, I believe the mystery of Babylon has been unsealed.
The Three Babylons
1. Literal Babylon: This Babylon is a desert in Iraq, and would take decades to develop into the Babylon of the end-times mentioned in scripture. Some prophecy teachers believe that it must be rebuilt before end-time events take place.
2. Figurative Babylon: This Babylon can describe any place that has the attributes that Babylon possessed in ancient times. Babylon goes all the way back to Nimrod in Genesis 11 and existed at the time of the building of the Tower of Babel. Many of the cultic symbols we see in the world as well as some churches today are rooted in ancient Babylon.
3. Prophetic Babylon: To speak of Babylon prophetically, is to be speaking of it as it relates to future end-time events. Babylon is used figuratively and prophetically at the same time to show the religious and political qualities of the final kingdom.
I believe Prophetic Babylon is actually two separate kingdoms. Revelation 17 is Religious Babylon, andRevelation 18 is Political Babylon.
Scripture uses the word "Babylon" to describe the One World Church as well as the One World Political System, which are both rooted in Babylon!
I propose to you that, Revelation 17 is speaking of Religious Babylon, and Revelation 18 is speaking of Political Babylon. The One World Kingdom is made up of a political, as well as, a religious realm or system. The Antichrist is the head of the political kingdom of Babylon. The false prophet is the head of the religious entity of Babylon that we often call the One World Church.
Revelation 17 is the Fall of Religious Babylon.
Revelation 17:1-6 “1And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters: 2With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.3So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns. 4And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication: 5And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH. 6And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.”
Chapter 17 shows the fall of the One World Religious system which I believe is already in place. Many believe that it is most likely the Catholic Church with the Pope filling the role of the False Prophet.
Religious Babylon and Rome
1. In verses 1 and 2 of our text, we see that “…the great whore…”is yoked with kings and nations. She is yoked with politics. History shows that since 313 A.D. the Catholic Church became the state religion. By the way, even today the Vatican is considered a state, and has ambassadors in nearly every country, including America. Did you know that America has an ambassador to the Vatican?
Constantine was the man who merged the state with the Catholic Church in 313 A.D. He also brought the pagan doctrines of: worshiping Mary as the queen of Heaven, purgatory, holy water, candles, a celibate priesthood, and many other pagan beliefs into the Catholic Church. Did you know that the Catholic Church helped Hitler rise to power? This was made public and the Pope apologized for this just a few years ago.
2. We see the roots of the Catholic beliefs way back in Genesis 10 and 11, in the story of Nimrod and the tower of Babel, which is Babylon. You see, Babel, or Babylon, was more than a city, it was a political system of government that has never died. Babylon is still at the root of this world's system today.
3.Rome is known as the City of the Seven Hills (Revelation 17:9).
4. Revelation 17:4, speaks of the woman being clothed with purple and scarlet. These are the colors of the bishops and cardinals today.
5. In Revelation 17:3, we see that this woman sits upon the beast which is symbolic of religion and politics mixed together. In 313 A.D., the Catholic Church merged with the state under Constantine and is very political even today.
6. In Revelation 17:4, we see that this religious system is very wealthy. There is no doubt, the Catholic Church is worth billions of dollars. The Vatican alone is priceless. I walked through it back in the early 80's and saw the golden tapestries. There is not any other religious system on the earth that comes close to the wealth of the Catholic Church.
7. Maybe the greatest proof of all is Revelation 17:6, where we see “…the great whore…”is drunken with the blood of God's people. It is a historical fact that the Catholic Church is responsible for the slaughter of countless Christians.
Some thoughts before moving on:
- Judgment day is coming soon for “…the great whore...”(Revelation 17:1)
- Politicians court this great whore because of her wealth, power, and influence. (Revelation 17:2)
- This world's religion looks good on the outside, but it is filthy on the inside. (Revelation 17:4)
- God makes it clear in bold print “…the great whore…”is the mother of all false religion and wickedness in the earth. She spawns them. (Revelation 17:5)
- The beast (Antichrist) shall destroy the One World Religious System once he has used it to achieve his objectives. (Revelation 17:16-17)
- Notice John's reaction to this One World Church of the tribulation in Revelation 17:6, could it be that he is startled by how something that is called a church could deceive the world into thinking it is something good?
Revelation 18 is the Fall of Political Babylon.
Look at some of the places I highlighted in the passage below. Does this sound like the description of a desert in Iraq? Does it sound like London or Paris? Would you consider with me that this has all the characteristics of America?
Revelation 18: 1-3“And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory. 2 And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird. 3 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.”
5 “For her sinshave reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.”
9” And the kings of the earth, who have committed fornication and lived deliciously with her, shall bewail her, and lament for her, when they shall see the smoke of her burning, 10 standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas, that great city Babylon, that mighty city!for in one hour is thy judgment come. 11 And the merchants of the earth shall weep and mourn over her; for no man buyeth their merchandise any more:”
15 “The merchants of these things, which were made rich by her, shall stand afar off for the fear of her torment, weeping and wailing, 16 and saying, Alas, alas, that great city,that was clothed in fine linen, and purple, and scarlet, and decked with gold, and precious stones, and pearls! 17 For in one hour so great riches is come to nought. And every shipmaster, and all the company in ships, and sailors, and as many as trade by sea, stood afar off, 18 and cried when they saw the smoke of her burning, saying, What city is like unto this great city!”
Literal Babylon: Desert in Iraq
Religious Babylon: (Rev 17) Roman Catholic Church
Political Babylon: (Rev 18) European System headed up by America and the seat of the United Nations. In fact, America heads up all the world systems. Political Babylon is the final One World System, it is the Revived Roman Empire made up of the ten toes that I believe has its seat here in America. The ten toes are the Revived Roman Empire, not literal Babylon. According to Revelation 13, the final kingdom of Antichrist will consist of an empire made up of attributes of Babylon, Persia, Greece, and Rome. The Roman Empire is still here and we are a part of it. It will be revived soon.
America came from England and is the Lions Cub. We are Europe! Our financial and judicial systems are all rooted in Europe. We are the financial heart of the world. The United Nations is here because we “are” the United nations!
The "mystery" spoken of in Rev 17-18 has to be something that was hidden, something that was not known before this time. There are no merchants and shipman doing much business with literal Babylon, and there dead sure is nobody going to weep over her if she falls as seen in Rev 18.
America is the “milk cow” for the entire economic world! When she falls, the merchants of the world will weep and wail! She fits the description in Rev 18 perfectly!
Babylon is alive and well in the world, it never fully died. It's religious principles and its tentacles reach into all the world. The One World System is already here. The cashless society is already here, though they still allow us to use cash. For the most part, the world is already being run by the globalist elite right here in the USA.
Babylon is a philosophy,
more so than a